Monday, November 13, 2006

Thank you to Susan's Secret Pal!


After long and difficult week, it was so nice to come home and find a gift from my Secret Pal on Friday evening. We've been facing a very hard decision regarding our youngest dog, and my mind has been clouded with this matter for over two weeks now. This little guy (Scooter) has been our "baby" for the last 3 years, and we've hoped for him to be our little one's best buddy in the years to come. We're facing the reality of losing him if we don't remove his front leg due to a nerve tumor. Dealing with this has made me so melancholy, but has helped to put things into perspective. I truly don't know how parents cope with a terminally ill child, and can only hope and pray that our soon to be daughters are all healthy for everyone in this group. The sadness I've had over the last two weeks, was lifted when receiving my Secret Pal gift. It helped put a smile back on my face and hope in my heart. Thank you so much for the attitude adjustment.

Susan

4 Comments:

Blogger Lesa said...

Susan,
I'm so sorry to hear that your baby(scooter)is having a difficult time. I do know that 3 legged dogs do wonderful, too.
I hope that you get through this okay. I am a mom to 4 dogs, 6 ferrets,and I know how it feels to see one of your little animals have hardships. Our oldest weenie dog(Clark)is a Diabetic, and it is very difficult to see him suffer with this since he was always so very healthy.
Lesa

November 13, 2006 10:58 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thanks Lesa. It means a lot to me to hear back from you. I felt bad after I posted my thank you, and didn't mean to be a downer. We just love our little guy so much, and he is so young and still full of so much life. We have an older dog (Lou) who has lived a good long life at 13. He still has his issues (a heart murmur), but it's easier to accept given his age. It's just so hard since we can't communicate with our animals. Unconiditional love is all we can give and hope for in return.Thanks again for your heatfelt thoughts.
Susan

November 13, 2006 11:27 AM  
Blogger Lesa said...

You are welcome. I caught his photo on our site. He is such a SWEET looking thing!
You must give him some love from me.
Don't feel bad about your post. Sometimes we just have to share or we would go nuts, and believe me I do understand about your feelings. I have lost so many of our little ferrets with in a years time. They aren't as hearty as one would think. I should say that some are more so than others. We just lost our first ferret we raised from a baby; she should have had at least 2 more years in her, but she died from cancer.
With ferrets I've learned that you have to enjoy everyday you have them, and not to be surprised when one gets sick. Holly got us into ferrets, and I have to say they are fun, but I won't go out and buy another after they are all gone. Well maybe just one. grin.
Clark on the other hand has lasted with diebetes for a year now, and he is 10... all of my other wieners have lived very long lives(15 years). He is totally blind and bumps into everything. Poor thing lately hasn't been too well. If I can get him past the Holidays I will be happy.
Hugs coming your way.
Lesa

November 13, 2006 12:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Susan,
I'm glad the package brought a little smile but very sorry to hear about your little guy. Pets are such an important part of our lives! My thoughts are with you as you work through this time.
Take care,
Your secret pal

November 16, 2006 10:39 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home