Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Merry Christmas to Susan's Secret Pal!


And, thank you for the wonderful Christmas package! I love the ornaments and have not seen anything like these before! I have a nice collection of "German" glass ornaments started, and these will add more memories to our Christmas story. Roger had just asked me if I was going to carry on the tradition of giving our little one an ornament every year, so thank you for our start. My mother has given my brother and I ornaments during Thanksgiving every year since we were children. With over 42 years worth and growing, Maiya may end up with her own tree in years to come. I think the Panda Bear may be my favorite ornament this year. I will post a photo Friday when I'm back at the office.

Also, thank you so much for thinking of my pampered pets and sending them the gourmet dog cookies! Lou can't get enough, so I had to put them away! Scooter hasn't tried one yet, but we will save him plenty for when he gets his appetite back. Scooter had surgery last Friday and came home on Sunday. They didn't find a tumor as suspected, but the nerves were abnormally swollen as were limp nodes, so they chose to amputate his front leg. He's doing well this week, but as expected he isn't quite himself. We assume the med's have slowed him down and have lessened his appetite, as well as the pain and healing. When we got him home he jumped from the back of the truck on his own and ran through the yard like nothing had changed. Then the med's wore off and he slowed down. Roger took Monday and Tuesday off from work to stay at home with the boys, and I've got today and tomorrow with them. We're awaiting to hear results of the biopsy, and hope and pray this will be all he has to go through at this time. You're package helped lift my spirits and brought some needed Christmas joy into our home.

Thank you so much for your kind and thoughtful gifts.

Susan

P.S. One bonus of having Roger home this week, he's almost got Maiya's room done! He finished painting this week and we're having the wallpaper hung on Friday. I'll post photo's when it's complete. Here's hoping our dossiers move into the Review Room by Christmas!

2 Comments:

Blogger Sherry said...

Susan, I'm so sorry to hear about Scooter's leg. I'll say a pray for him that all the test will come back with good results and that all his trama is over. It sounds like he's on his way to recovering. And I'm sure the TLC from mom and dad helps too. You're going to be a great mom to Maiya and she's going to be so luck to have her 'two brothers' to help watch over her.

Merry Christmas,
Sherry

December 07, 2006 8:42 AM  
Blogger Susan said...

Thank you Sherry. Your kind words bring tears to my eyes. I wish you and your family a very Merry Christmas, and hope and pray we all have our babies (and fur babies) with us at this time next year.

Susan

December 08, 2006 12:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home